Friday, May 6, 2011

May Resolutions


Okay, so I haven't been doing my monthly resolutions, but I'm bringing them back because they're helpful and fun. So, here they are (and I want to hear yours!)

1. Develop my twitter content.
Make it more dynamic and consistent. I've had a twitter account for a while, but I haven't used it to its full potential, so I really want to work on that! This article has been a great starting point.

2. Learn to be more efficient while designing.
I've had access to some really great tutorials through Lynda.com, and it would be great to focus some of my energy on learning new techniques in InDesign, Illustrator, etc.

3. Refine and finish up my projects!
I've had the great fortune to be super inspired the last few months, so I've been glued to my computer working away on new ideas I have for posters and cards and my new website. And while I'm super happy to have all this productivity and inspiration, it means I have a million projects started and few of them finished. So, by the end of this month I would like to have a good chunk of those projects refined and finished and ON PAPER!

4. Write more in general.
It's something I used to do all the time in high school and a majority of my time in college, but ever since I graduated, it hasn't been happening as much. I've toyed with the idea of taking a writing class to improve my skills and meet new people, so perhaps I will research that. Summer is the perfect time to write!

That's all for now, I think. There are so many other things I'd love to improve on, but of all the resolutions I could make, the biggest one I need to work on is slowing down and learning not to get ahead of myself. Little steps.

Happy weekend!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...